venting about bell canada customer service
Bell Canada has serious issues when it comes to customer service...why I still go with them is beyond me...probably because they're still most competitive when it comes down to price. Anyways, I've encountered so many problems with Bell, I'm surprised they're still in business. I got a cell phone at the beginning of September because it was a better option than getting a land line. I go to a Bell World store in Kingston to buy a phone and sign up for a corporate agreement under CAA. What happens next has just been a nightmare...first off, the store rep doesn't tell me how to activate my voicemail, nor does he give me my temporary voicemail password. When I try calling the store phone number, it doesn't reach the store, for whatever reason. So I go to the store to get voicemail activated. I find out that original store rep assigned me a wrong phone number! How could I get assigned a wrong number to my cell phone?? Then they ask me if I'm an employee with the Ministry of Transportation...um...nooo....I am a customer under a CAA plan! I get a new phone number, the plan is adjusted, and I thought everything was good to go. After a week or so, I figure, I don't want to be signed onto a 3 year contract, I want 2 years instead. I go to the Bell store, they tell me I have to call a number to talk to a customer service rep. Not good...since it is virtually impossible to talk to someone in person at their 1-800 numbers because the wait is disgustingly long. Takes me almost a week or two before I have enough time to waste, waiting around for a cust. rep to take my call....only to have them tell me I have to go back to the original store to get anything changed! But the store told me to call you! Sigh....nope, they can't do anything over the phone. So, I go back to the store, and no one is nice enough to help me out, they just tell me to call customer service! Boy was I mad and frustrated...I almost burst out in tears. Left right away because I couldn't think straight! What was I supposed to do? Both sides were giving me the run-around! After the weekend, I finally worked up the courage to go back and try to get some answers. Fortunately, I was able to talk to this really nice guy named Wil at the Bell store who apparently loves Asian people (he's caucasian! he's got an asian fetish! ha ha!). He was so patient and understanding. Anyways, the guy calls around to try and get me an answer. Looks like I might be able to change the contract, might not be able to keep the same phone number...but we'll see. The district manager went on vacation for 10 days, so we have to wait till she gets back (if only I had got an answer earlier...might have caught her before she left!). Wil was nice enough to send the district manager an email to give her advanced heads-up! He also caught another mistake that the original Bell employee made; apparently, I was charged full price for my phone when I was supposed to get an instant rebate! I got a refund, thankfully. Anyways, sorry if I'm complaining...needed to get it out of my system. I'm okay; I don't usually get hung up too much emotionally on mundane day to day stuff like this. :)
